Our client is a leading global aerospace and defence supply chain provider, with over 45 years of experience in the industry.
With their head office based in Derby, and a further 4 sites in the UK and 16 globally. Our client offers scale, expertise and flexibility to tailor the needs of any manufacturer supplying into the aerospace sector.
A high quality standards and approval system allows for faster, more efficient and cost effective aerospace product distribution. This allows our client to help you enhance their customer’s competitive edge through effective supply chain management, allowing customers to focus on core business activity, whilst increasing efficiency, improving product availability and profitability.
Priding themselves on delivering unparalleled customer service worldwide, offering global coverage from dedicated facilities. Our remove supply chain complexity and cost, bringing quality, value and performance every time to every customer.
Our client has doubled in size in the last 10 years achieving a turnover of $760m per annum. With an ambitious business plan to increase turnover to $1bn per annum by 2021. To achieve this business plan an investment in staff was an integral part of the strategy.
The recruitment process at that time was not fit to meet the strategy. With no recruitment process in place there was a lack of quality in regards to candidates, interview process and fill rates. Temporary staff were not compliant, and there was no control on costs. This was having an impact on the performance of the business, and having an impact on their reputation in the candidate market place.
Our clients annual recruitment activity is circa 120 vacancies. With the current failings in the hiring process and with the future recruitment drive required to aid in the growth of the business. Our client was looking for a Supplier who would:
- Design & Develop a ‘Best in Class’ Recruitment Service for its business
- Attract, Engage and Recruit required candidates (All Business Areas)
- Develop, Manage and Motivate Supply Chain
- Develop Relationships with Key Stakeholders (All Business Areas)
- Take responsibility for the coordination and delivery of the recruitmentprocess
- Deliver the services through clearly documented and efficient processes
- Deliver a positive experience for all prospective candidates (Successful & Unsuccessful)
- Strive to improve service quality and drive cost efficiencies for the duration of relationship
- Provide informative and insightful management information that supports the delivery of the services inscope
- Provide complete transparency from both a commercial and process perspective
- Non motivated Hiring Managers
- Varied Success and Perceptions of Supply Chain
- Inconsistent Recruitment Process
- Little proactive talent management processes inplace
- Salaries were not competitive in marketplace
- No Employee Value Proposition
- Dedicated Account Manager Service
- Senior Management Meeting Presence & Updates
- Complete re-engineering of the recruitment process
- Re-evaluation and negotiation of Agencies / Supply Chain
- Regular Salary Benchmarking & Remuneration Insight
- Competitor Analysis
Outcomes and Achievements (to date)
- Over 150 specialist roles recruited with salaries ranging from £25k to £90k
- All specialist temporary hiring now compliant and working to pre agreed fixed margins.
- Rationalisation of Recruitment PSL from 18 Suppliers to 6 Suppliers – negotiated flat rate fee structure for all suppliers.
- Implemented successful Talent Pooling process
- CV shortlist rate reduced
- CV to interview ratio increased
- Interview to offer ratio increased
- Offer acceptance increased
- Supported the development and deployment of EVP Programme
- 33% cost saving per hire against a target of 7%